Pages

"Love, whether newly born, or aroused from a deadlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, that it overflows upon the outward world."

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Time

    It's that time of year.. CHRISTMAS TIME!! Whoo hoo! I love it.. I love the decorations, the smells, the food, the shopping, the traditions, the cookie decorating, wrapping presents, driving to 5 different houses in 2 days... and my favorite part, celebrating Jesus' birthday and teaching Raegan about the story of Christmas.

    We recent spent a fun-filled weekend with the Babb's in Knoxville. We helped Sarah decorate her tree and put out all of her decorations (by-the-by I am up to 4 trees that I have decorated this year!). We stumbled upon a Christmas book given to her by a student, A Special Place For Santa.. Oh this was a fantastic book! I even cried a little reading it with them. It shows children the meaning of Christmas and Santa's place in the Holiday. Check it out if you have the chance!

    So back to the decor of the season.. I started early, the second weekend in November I put up my tree...


And a little bit of the mess I made in the process..



Look at my baby snoozing on the couch





Mike and Raegan were no help during the tree decorating.. but they did sit in the floor and watch a movie while I decorated, so I did have company.. and who can argue when Home Alone 2 is playing in the background!



    I continued to decorate throughout the next week.. Mike said I had way too much stuff to put out, but I love when every inch is covered in Christmas stuff...





Then we all rested and had hot chocolate!!


Here are a few pics of our trip to Knoxville.. we enjoyed staying in a hotel (long story hehe), watching UT beat Kentucky (Raegan's first football game), and having a rocking slumber party with Sarah and David!






Christmas time is so fun!! I love my family and spending time with everyone! Hope everyone has a great Christmas and don't forget to wish Jesus a Happy Birthday!! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment