Pages

"Love, whether newly born, or aroused from a deadlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, that it overflows upon the outward world."

Monday, November 1, 2010

Beautiful Fall

I haven't posted in a while, but we have had a beautiful fall!

A few weeks ago Mike and I ventured to Washington D.C. to spend a long, fantastic weekend with Julia and William (I am working hard on that post, but it is taking forever). We spent 5 days touring the city, seeing the beautiful sights, laughing in the car while almost getting killed, walking a lot, eating great food, and hanging out with my wonderful family. I have to say, it was a really amazing weekend! As we drove down everything was green.. the whole drive is mountains, fields, and trees. On the way back, simply over a weekend, fall was here. The leaves were changing into beautiful reds, oranges and yellows. God's work is so pretty! Now everything at our house is covered in leaves.. our roof, back porch, cars, pond and I can't see grass anymore haha!

Halloween snuck up on me this past weekend! We had Raegan all weekend and had a blast! Friday night the salon had a booth handing out candy in Jonesborough, there were around 1,200 kids down there, it was a mad house and really cold. Julia wrote a post about it on her blog, joyfullyinspired.blogspot.com, lots of pictures to see, check it out! Saturday I had to work for a few hours then we made cupcakes and headed to moms to carve pumpkins and do some more trick-or-treating. We had a great day, but we were wiped out when we finally got home. I thought we would just have a relaxing Sunday, but got a call from Julia around 11 telling me mom had sliced her finger, needed stitches, but was refusing to go. So here I go, to talk my adult mom into going to get stitches she needs! 4 hours and 6 stitches later I got home! (She is ok now) So then we did baths and supper and got to bed!! Another fantastic weekend!

So now I am preparing for November.. yes, I know we are already in November, but I didn't realize it until we were already in it! We have Mikes birthday coming up the 23rd, which should be fun, don't know what we are doing yet, but it will be great! Then Turkey Day.. also known as Thanksgiving, in which I will be thanking God for my family, friends and all the food I will be eating! I am by no means ready for winter, I hate the cold, but God is working in great ways in my life and I know winter will be as good as fall is turning out to be!

So have a wonderful fall and look forward to winter... it is bound to be BEAUTIFUL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment